Our Extreme Home Makeover: Week 4

Monday, October 18, 2010

This week wasn't nearly as productive as previous weeks.  We're getting into a lot of the "slow" work which involves the "creating" of door frames, measuring and cutting trim, etc.  A lot of things that are more behind-the-scenes.

Brian did get the utility closet door back in place.  Yay!  My sweetie knew it was driving batty, so made sure to get it done.  Unfortunately, my photo doesn't show the pristine white - nor did I remember to take a photo of the before with the antique white door and trim.  So you'll just have to believe me when I say it looks AWESOME!

Now - if I had taken a picture at everything I've been up to, we'd look a lot more productive.   For example, I've been researching window companies for replacement windows and browsing shutters. (Uh oh, I gotta be careful - I'm getting a little off course with exterior items. Ack, who cares. Shutters go with windows, so it's all good.)

Also, my next door neighbor convinced me that I had to at consider microfiber sofas (for years, I've been anit-microfiber).  After she was discussing the wonderful feature of beading-and-wiping (no staining) to this mother of four, I was ready to give it some consideration.

So back to the furniture store I went.

Sorry to say, I came out of there still being anti-microfiber.  Maybe if I hadn't landed on that one God send of an Ashley formfitting, dual recliner sofa, I would have had more of an open mind.

Maybe.  I don't know, though, I still don't like being able to tell when you've just sat on a couch.  (Crazy, huh? I mean, what else are they for?)

Hopefully I'll have more to show you next week especially since Brian did quite a bit of cutting this last weekend.

Kimmie

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP