What Does It Take To Become A Mom Blogger?

Monday, October 18, 2010

I can't help but to giggle sometimes when people ask, "What do you do?"  When I respond, "I'm a Mom blogger," I get some of the strangest looks.

After I explain exactly what a Mom (or sometimes referred to as "Review") blogger does, if the strange look disappears (it doesn't always) I get the question, "How did you get started in that?"

Which is secretly code for, "I want to do it too."

So here's my answer:  nothing special.

Start by picking you out a name.  The catchier the better.  Reserve a domain name (those .blogwhatever names just don't say you're very serious to potential advertisers), park yourself at a place offering budget hosting (just because it says "budget" doesn't mean low-rent, know what I mean?), and start posting.

You don't have to have perfect grammar, be the funniest or wittiest, or even be the most popular to be a Mom Blogger.  What you do have to have is dedication, stamina, and self-driven.  No, it doesn't require posting something every day but frequently enough to let potential advertisers know you're not just a fly-by-night blog.

Start out by reviewing products that you use around your home.  Talk about the funny conversations with your kids and your husband.  Post about projects you've got going on at home, in your community organizations, or at your children's school. 

And before you know it, you'll be getting emails on a regular basis asking you to "pitch" this product or that service to your readers - sometimes it's for free products, other times it'll involve cash.

Mom blogging can be a lot of fun.  A great way to meet other moms, vent your frustrations, and make a little extra money in the meantime.

Unlike some would have you believe, there's no big secret.  So go on, get started, then come back and let me know where I can find you!

Kimmie

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP