Can I Get Chocolate to Go with My Cheese and Whine?

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's been a horribly long winter here.

Or so it seems. At least compared to places, like, um, California and Florida.  Maybe.

Anyway...



So when that annoying little weather man on WKRN said this past weekend was going to be temps were going to be reaching the 60s, I was ready to get OUT!

Then the little kids got sick.

Ugh.

I'm praying for all it's worth, "Dear God, please, oh, please, oh, please let them better by the weekend."

I should have been more specific.

They were better.  I wasn't.

And I'm still not.

I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat so severe I thought I had strep throat.

Let me explain how bad it was:  I avoid doctors like the plague.  I go for two reasons:  I'm dying or I'm pregnant.

Saturday morning, it was so bad I thought it could lead to dying.

And, of course, it's the weekend.  Around here, that means the only doctor to see is at the ER; a place where you could die from old age before being seen.

So I trucked on over a couple of towns to one of those Walgreen's Take Care Clinics. (Did I mention those things are super handy?)

It's not strep throat.  Apparently just a vicious version of the common cold.

But I didn't get a day out.  Just a day (two, actually) in bed.  Doped up on Sudafed and orange juice.

I still feel like doody on a stick.  (Not sure what that is, but it's an ugly little saying I've gotten in the habit of saying.)

But the most wonderful husband in the world (mine, in case you were wondering) has promised to bring me home some chocolate.

I'm the luckiest, puniest crybaby in the world!
Kimmie

4 chatted about this topic:

Shelly March 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

Hope you get to feeling better. Sickness sucks. Especially when it travels throughout a household.

Happy RTT

I am Harriet March 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

I can relate to the sick people on the first nice weekend. Been there.

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/half-of-all-americans-live-within-50-miles-of-what-how-long-would-you-wait/

Stacy Uncorked March 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Oh you poor thing! Not being able to enjoy the first nice days! Glad your kids are feeling better - here's hoping you feel better soon!

Mom in High Heels March 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Bummer. Being sick stinks! Hope you're all better soon.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP