Fred Phelps and the Poltergist Movie Preacher

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Well, it seems that Fred Phelps and his hate-spirited, judgmental clan is back in the news.

Seems that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided to hear a case filed by the father of a slain Marine on the issue of whether the protest held by Phelps' congregation crossed the line from freedom of speech to harrassment.



This could turn easily turn into a landmark case. And I fear the outcome.

While I think there is no doubt a special place in hell for the self-righteous, judgment-passing "Christians" that are more like dumb sheep following Phelps' every command in the name of religion, I still think they have the right to protest within the public confines.

My father, uncles, grandfather, and great-grandfathers gave years of their lives to this country for the freedoms we enjoy.  Including freedom of speech.

And even though I may HATE (and, yes, I understand that fine line between strong dislike and hate) what he is saying, where he is saying, and how he is saying it, I still believe he has a right to say it.

If we open the door to one government restriction, we open the door to many more.  Many, many more.

Like I said, I think Phelps and his "Christians" (I'm not referencing Christians in general here, notice I am referring to this specific group) will pay for their wicked acts in ways we will never know; but that is up to God, not us - and in the meantime I want to retain my freedom of speech.

Anyway....getting off my soapbox since that wasn't the point of my post anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks that Fred Phelps has an uncanny similarity to the preacher in the Poltergist movie?


Can you see it?  Isn't it just downright creepy? 

Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

victor | UPrinting March 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

All I can say is "They're herrree..." (then TV starts to show a static screen). :-)

Yeah, now that you mentioned the guy does have a striking resemblance with the Tallman and I think the movie was not poltergeist but Phantasm. :-)

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP