Sunday, June 28, 2009
This has been an insanely sad week.
While documentaries had pretty well prepared us for the death of Farrah Fawcett, I think most found just how saddened they were by the passing of Charlie's Angel.
As the morning shows rehashed the events surrounding her death and the days leading up to, then came the shocking news of Michael Jackson dying from sudden cardiac arrest.
Farrah was quickly forgotten (sadly enough) as the world mourned a man that most had despised for the last several years.
Wow! Too much, too fast - I'm glad we're starting a new week.
Although, I'm sure this week will continue on with the MJ coverage as the autopsy is expected to be completed by mid-week and, from television reports, it appears that MJ's family will continue to haul away his possessions.
Wonder how that will work out with creditors of MJ's when the estate has to be settled. Any bets on how long it's tied up in the Courts? I'm guessing a minimum of 5 years.
Now that that is out of the way -
I'll be starting off my week with a family reunion. For some reason, they opt to have it at the hottest time of the year, in the smallest building they can find, on a lot that seems to never get mowed.
It's going to be so much fun! *rolling my eyes*
Preparing for the reunion cut even more into my blogging time, but here's what I managed to accomplish this last week:
- For Writer's Workshop, I opted to interview Princess A about Favorites, Life, and The Recession.
- A couple of cool photos was added this week for A Thousand Words Thursday and I ♥ Faces.
- We were able to EASILY break Big Brother's thumbsucking habit with Mavala Stop.
- Looking for a good summer read? Try Mail Order Murder, a true crime.
- On Friday, there was a fun discussion about Stupid Commercials going on.
- And I can't leave you without one of my summer rant seasons; this week's topic: Jon and Kate Gosselin.