Tales From The Chest Freezer

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Once upon a time I had a bright idea. It was to buy a chest freezer.

I bought it. Then I put food in it.

Then I forgot about it.

No joke. In the midst of remodeling our home (converting a garage to a bedroom/bathroom), it kind of got shoved into a storage closet (still plugged in) and forgotten.

It's been 3 years since I've opened it. Sadly enough, there is cheese in there that, even while frozen, has grown penicillin! And freezer burn is suffering from freezer burn!

So, now I have another bright idea...

For my Tackle It Tuesday and similar projects this week, I'm going to clean out my chest freezer. Then I really am going to put stuff back into it and not forget about it this time!





Now, I just need to do a little defrosting! :)


This project listed at:

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


5 chatted about this topic:

Upstatemamma May 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

I have a basement freezer and while I haven't forgotten about it it really needs defrosting. The problem is what do I do with the stuff in there while I defrost it. UGH!! Awesome tackle.

Abbie May 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Oh my gosh! I can totally see how this would have been an out-of-sight out-of-mind kind of situation. My freezer needs a defrost and a little wipe down inside. I am lucky enough to have in-laws 2 miles away with several HUGE camping sized coolers so that I can preserve my food for a day on ice while I "clean it out." Great job! - Abbie

L2L May 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

I so miss my freezer. Can't wait to see what you put back in it? Any good recipes you can share with bulk cooking???? Thanks for stopping by!!!

Krisi and Adam May 6, 2009 at 2:49 AM  

Great post. You will have to check my post for some recipes to fill it back up! Great job on your tackle.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP