Let Sleeping Babies Lie (A Thousand Word Thursday)

Thursday, May 7, 2009


Truth be told, there is never a time when I think she isn't precious; even when she's having one of her almost-four-months-old tantrums.

But, to me, there is nothing more precious than a sleeping baby; especially when they just fall asleep anywhere.

Princess A has decided that her favorite place to play is on this quilt in the middle of the living room floor. She spends several hours a day there practicing her rolling over (she rolls front to back, but is still trying to do back to front), chewing on her hands, and studying her feet.

Typically she will play for a while then begin whining for me to pick her up. This day, however, as I went about my household chores, I noticed that things had gotten very quite. When I peeked in on her, I found her like this: sound asleep.

My mother taught me well in that you never wake a sleeping baby. So, although she usually naps in her bed, this time I just let her finish her nap out on her favorite quilt in the living room floor.

It was the longest nap she had taken in a while!

Cheaper Than Therapy

7 chatted about this topic:

Stacy Uncorked May 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Absolutely adorable!! Happy ATWT! :)

I am Harriet May 7, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Totally crashed!
Very sweet!

MommaD May 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

what about the other part of that? never wake a sleeping baby, and sleep when baby sleeps. I think your due a nap!

Unknown May 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

What a sweetie! It's funny how they sleep longer when it's not in their own bed. LOL

Jennifer May 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Very sweet! I love those times when they just konk out on the floor.

Finding Joy in the Journey May 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Too cute! I agree...let her sleep! Mine's almost 5 months and fell asleep propped on her boppy the other day. I just pulled her down a little so she wouldn't have a neck crick and let her nap it out!!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP