Thursday, May 28, 2009
I can't believe with all these recipes I've been using lately that I forgotten a family favorite: pot roast!
But I've been reminded and so I'm listing the recipe here to make sure I don't forget again.
This a simple recipe that requires minimal work on the prep side. With an 8 hour slow cooker time, you can fix it then forget it.
- 3 - 4 lb. pot roast
- large onion cut up
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb. carrots cut in 2 inch pieces
- 4 - 5 potatoes cut up
- salt and pepper
- Brown pot roast in a pan on top of the stove.
- Add vegetables to bottom of crock pot. Top with roast and pour beef broth over it.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8 hours on low in crock pot.