Crock Pot Family Pot Roast With Vegetables Recipe

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I can't believe with all these recipes I've been using lately that I forgotten a family favorite: pot roast!

But I've been reminded and so I'm listing the recipe here to make sure I don't forget again.

This a simple recipe that requires minimal work on the prep side. With an 8 hour slow cooker time, you can fix it then forget it.

FAMILY POT ROAST WITH VEGETABLES

Ingredients:
  • 3 - 4 lb. pot roast

  • large onion cut up

  • 1 cup beef broth

  • 1 lb. carrots cut in 2 inch pieces

  • 4 - 5 potatoes cut up

  • salt and pepper


Directions:

  1. Brown pot roast in a pan on top of the stove.

  2. Add vegetables to bottom of crock pot. Top with roast and pour beef broth over it.

  3. Salt and pepper to taste.

  4. Cook for 8 hours on low in crock pot.
Kimberly

2 chatted about this topic:

Unknown May 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Yummy -- We love pot roast! TFS

Sandra May 28, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Yum, sounds really good.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP