Thursday, May 28, 2009
You can't turn on the news these days without hearing about the recession; which I prefer to tone it down by calling it an economic downturn.
But there are ways to save even in these difficult times. And it's important to save whether there is financial trouble brewing or not.
Here are some great ways to save money now or anytime:
- Create grocery list and stick to it.
- Use coupons.
- Shop online and compare prices. Many things are cheaper through Amazon than purchasing at Walmart or other big chain stores.
- Use a water filteration system instead of buying bottled water.
- Combine errands to reduce gasoline use.
- Subscribe to newspapers and/or magazines online versus hardcopies.
- Line dry clothing instead of using the dryer.
- Brown bag it.
- Refill ink cartridges instead of buying them new. Walgreens offers a fast, affordable ink refill service.
- Pay with only cash and put coin change into a jar everyday. When the jar is full, have it counted by your bank and put directly into savings.
- Increase deductibles on auto and homeowner's insurance policies.