Small Talk Six Asks "What Makes You Uncomfortable?"

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Come join in the fun each Saturday for Mom Dot's Small Talk Six; where participants are asked to list six sentences, six photos, or six paragraphs on a specified subject.

From the Mom Dot website: "All you need to do is...make a short (or an elaborate) post on your blog in response to the assigned topic of the week...When your post is live, come leave your direct link on Mr. Linky and then go see how the other participants responded on their blogs."

This week's topic is 6 Things Other People Do That Make You Personally Uncomfortable:

  1. Stand too close when we're conversing. I have a "zone" and if you're in it, I'm not listening to what you're saying, but trying to figure out how to put distance between us.

  2. Hug me. Outside of my immediate family, I'm not a hugging kind of person.

  3. "The Pop In" (Seinfeld fans will understand this one). I'm a stay at home mom so getting all spiffied up on most days is out of the question. When you just "pop in," I get nervous just imagining how much of a mess I must look.

  4. Ask me about our income/debt. This is becoming way too common an occurrence. Am I the only one who thinks this stuff is private? Even if I decline to answer, the person asking will usually carry on with full disclosure in regards to their household - which is just as uncomfortable to me.

  5. When others tell, not ask, me to teach them how I make money online; specifically when they want to do the exact same thing as I'm doing. This really stuck in my craw when I was retailing and they wanted to know my suppliers, how I sold, to whom I sold, etc, etc. Umm, yeah, okay - let me create competition for myself. *rolling eyes*

  6. Ask me to lie for them. You wouldn't think this would happen that much but, without giving more details, it does all to frequently. :(

8 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

I understand the pop-in discomfort. I'm very comfortable around my home and don't like the unexpected visitor.

Alicia April 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

I have a zone too, and if you're in my "zone" i will zone out of the conversation... haha
If someone "pops in" (which doesn't happen often because we are deliberately "out of the way"... it can stress me out - because I usually look (and sometimes feel) like crap. Oooohh I HATE it when someone EXPECTS me to lie for them... not cool.

Great List!

http://theladyisablogger.blogspot.com

1stopmom April 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

I agree with you on the entire list. The pop in gives me so much anxiety. I don't like it when people are in my space either. You don't have to be directly in my face for me to hear what you are saying.

evelester @ gmail.com April 25, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

great list-- I am not a fan of trying to explain to people what I do, they never really 'get it' and it just angers me! (if you need to ask what a blog is, then you probably should not start one expecting to make money from it!)

I am Harriet April 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Not only do they want you to tell them how you make your money online but, they want you to make it for them! Yeah...right.

Deni April 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Thankfully, I have never had a pop in, most all my friends know that you must call me before you come! But I can understand that having an unexpected visitor can be annoying.

The Mud Bug April 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

No one should ask about anyone's income...rude.

Karen Coutu April 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

I totally agree about #3. Unfortunately, #4 is getting more common just because it's what's on everybody's minds.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP