Saturday, April 25, 2009
Come join in the fun each Saturday for Mom Dot's Small Talk Six; where participants are asked to list six sentences, six photos, or six paragraphs on a specified subject.
From the Mom Dot website: "All you need to do is...make a short (or an elaborate) post on your blog in response to the assigned topic of the week...When your post is live, come leave your direct link on Mr. Linky and then go see how the other participants responded on their blogs."
This week's topic is 6 Things Other People Do That Make You Personally Uncomfortable:
- Stand too close when we're conversing. I have a "zone" and if you're in it, I'm not listening to what you're saying, but trying to figure out how to put distance between us.
- Hug me. Outside of my immediate family, I'm not a hugging kind of person.
- "The Pop In" (Seinfeld fans will understand this one). I'm a stay at home mom so getting all spiffied up on most days is out of the question. When you just "pop in," I get nervous just imagining how much of a mess I must look.
- Ask me about our income/debt. This is becoming way too common an occurrence. Am I the only one who thinks this stuff is private? Even if I decline to answer, the person asking will usually carry on with full disclosure in regards to their household - which is just as uncomfortable to me.
- When others tell, not ask, me to teach them how I make money online; specifically when they want to do the exact same thing as I'm doing. This really stuck in my craw when I was retailing and they wanted to know my suppliers, how I sold, to whom I sold, etc, etc. Umm, yeah, okay - let me create competition for myself. *rolling eyes*
- Ask me to lie for them. You wouldn't think this would happen that much but, without giving more details, it does all to frequently. :(