Citrus Balsamic Salmon Recipe (Serves 8)

Friday, April 24, 2009

I finally tried my hand at a fish dish...and it turned out pretty good! (While it's another post for another day, all I can say is that my last attempt at cooking fish turned disastrous and left the house smelling very...um, funky....for way too long! lol)

My family loved the Citrus Balsamic Salmon that I'm sharing with you today, courtesy of Campbell's Weeknight Cooking:




Ingredients:

  • 8 fresh salmon fillets (3/4 inch thick)

  • 3 tablespoons Olive oil

  • 4 1/2 teasapoons cornstarch

  • 1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth

  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar

  • 1 tablespoon orange juice

  • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Place the salmon in a 12 x 8 x 2 - inch shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the black pepper and drizzle with the oil. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

  2. Stir the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, and orange peel into a 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.

  3. Place the salmon on a serving platter and serve with the sauce.



0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP