Slow Cooker Recipe: Chicken Dumplings

Thursday, April 23, 2009

If I had to choose my most favorite thing in my kitchen, it would be my slow cooker. I could not live without it!

Being a busy mom to four kids ranging in age from 17 years to 3 months, I just don't have the time to cook a big meal every night - but thanks to my slow cooker, I can still whip up a pretty tasty meal.

This week I'm sharing a recipe that a blogging buddy of mine had passed on to me. I was a little hesitant at how it would turn out, but I'm happy to say it was deee-li-cious!

So now I'll pass it on to you....

Slow Cooker Chicken Dumplings

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

  • 2 tablespoons butter

  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

  • 1 diced onion

  • 1 or 2 potatoes, cubed

  • 2 or 3 carrots, cut up

  • 1 (10 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces.


Directions:

  1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, onion, potatoes, and carrots in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover.

  2. Cover and cook on high about 5 to 6 hours

  3. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.



2 chatted about this topic:

Renee April 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Onna Holland April 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

I love my slow cooker!! I will have to try this!!

Stopped here from 31dbbb!

Onna @ http://toddlercraft.net

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP