Thursday, April 23, 2009
Megan, who is described as the brains behind the design of and co-contributor to the Thursday Thirteen meme, is getting married in 3 days!!! (YOU GO GIRL!!)
In honor of her upcoming BIG DAY, I'll use this opportunity to list 13 things I loved about my own.
Would you like to share yours too? Or share any list of 13 things? Come on over to the home of Thursday Thirteen and join in!
13 Things I Loved About My Wedding:
- The Groom (and I love him more everyday!)
- The church - it was the church which I had grown up in.
- The music (my sister-in-law, Valeisha, picked out some great pre-ceremony music and we played 'From this Moment' by Shania Twain during the lighting of the unity candle).
- That my husband serenaded me along with 'From this Moment.'
- That my two oldest sons escorted me down aisle (this was my second marriage).
- That my sons gave me away and his son gave him away.
- Our vows. We said the standard vows plus added "And promise to love you more tomorrow than I do today." (And we do!)
- The reception that followed. My Mom found a wonderful caterer that created a delicious buffet style menu.
- That my husband didn't smash cake in my face! We had a mutual agreement beforehand that neither would do this and we kept that promise.
- That my wedding was 100% paid for in cash - no nasty debt to come home to afterwards.
- The video collage that my brother and sister-in-law put together displaying pictures of me and my husband as babies, children then some of us together during our engagement.
- How my mother and I really came together during this wonderful event. She hadn't been too happy about my first marriage (mothers just know) and it had always created a small rift between us. But she loves my husband now, and with this wedding she became the clique bride's mother (without the *itchiness! lol)
- THE HONEYMOON!! (Need I say more?! lol)
Wish I could have included photos, but something is screwy with my scanner today - I'll be sure to upload some later! :)