Friday, April 24, 2009
Kailani over at An Island Life has put together a wonderful meme called Aloha Friday. If you'd like to learn more and/or join in, be sure to visit An Island Life!
My Topic for Today:
According to many studies, the personalities (will have most traits, not necessarily all) of children by their birth order are as follows:
- Older children are people pleasers, crave attention, cooperative, conscientious, caregivers, controlling, perfectionists, and leaders.
- Middle children are loners, impatient, competitive, flexible, diplomatic, and rebellious.
- Younger children are immature, attention seekers, secretive, sensitive, risk takers, and idealists.
But...as we all know, not everyone can fit into these categories. After all, you have multiples and only children too.
The traits for these categories can be:
- Twins (or other multiples) will, as a general rule, have one (or more) leader and one (or more) follower. Leaders resemble the role of first borns while the followers exhibit traits of a middle child. (In cases of 4 or more multiples, traits of the youngest child birth order will also be exhibited by one or more.)
- Only children typically show traits that divided among the oldest and youngest child birth orders; specifically, their traits include perfectionists, attention seekers, responsible, and more mature than peers.
So my question for this week is:
|Taking into consideration the traits described here, do you think your personality fits your birth order?|
|I am an oldest child (family of 2 children). I would say that the profile for oldest children does apply. I am a leader, conscientious, (can be) controlling, and a caregiver (who couldn't be with 4 children, right? lol)|
On the other hand, I do not worry about pleasing people, being perfect, and I hate being in the limelight.
Thanks for stopping by today and playing along! I can't wait to read your answers!