Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire! at Small Talk Six on Saturdays

Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's time for Mom Dot's Small Talk Six on Saturdays again!

Come join in the fun each Saturday with a list of your six (6 words, 6 paragraphs, or 6 pictures - it doesn't matter) about a specific topic.

This week's Small Talk Six subject is the 6 Worst Lies You've Ever Told.

Here's my list:

  1. At 16, I lied to my parents and I wasn't out riding around with a certain boy. (They had seen me and knew I was lying!)

  2. At 17, my mother asked me if I was pregnant and I said no. (I didn't confirm it for another month...I have to wonder how I thought I'd get out of that lie!)

  3. When my middle son was 6 years old, he overhead an argument between me and his Dad. When he asked, "Is everything okay?," I lied and said it was. The next day we had to tell him we were getting divorced.

  4. When one of my dear friends asked me if her husband was cheating, I answered no. I knew that if I told her the truth it would ruin our friendship; and I didn't have any hard proof anyway.

  5. A continual lie or delaying of the truth? When my oldest son has asked me in the past about why his father wasn't his life until he was six years old, I just tell him that his father and I were young (17) when he was born and his dad was simply scared and immature. How do you tell a child that his paternal grandmother convinced her son that the baby wasn't his even after paternity testing proved otherwise?

  6. The weight and height on my driver's license. What if I went missing or something and that information became important??!! (Okay, I know, I really need to stop reading true crime...lol)

Okay, well, I've been pretty dang honest here today. Guess y'all know more about me now than you ever wanted to know. :)

6 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  April 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I don't know if I'd tell my friend about her boyfriend cheating unless I had proof as well. Even then, I'd probably just try to get the boyfriend to tell her first.

These must have been some difficult honest truths.

Carrie Ella April 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

I can certainly relate to #3. That is the worst feeling in the world - playing nice guy for the sake of the kids - when every ounce of you wants to scream what a jerk the guy is!

Lisa April 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

kim i totally know what ya mean about #3 , that has happened to me too!

Heather April 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Number 6 is classic! My weight isn't true on my id either...anymore! I weighed that amount, in high school, who need to know?!

#4 is a tough one. I guess it just depends on how your friend reacts to that kind of stuff. Fortunately I've never had to be in that situation.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous,  April 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Wow, 3, 4, and 5 are rough. Hope you never have to face situations like that again.

Karen Coutu April 4, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

It sounds like you were in some pretty tough situations and had lots of tough choices to make.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP