So What's Up With The Mom Trap Blog?

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Today's Sunday Stealing meme asks about your blog, blogging habits, and more tidbits of juicy blogging info.

1. How did you come up with your blog title OR what does it mean?

I struggled with a blog name that I liked for while. Just yesterday I finally settled on the name The Mom Trap. I chose this name because, as a stay at home mom to four, I often feel "trapped" from the working world, people in general - other than those I meet online. (But I wouldn't trade the job of being a stay at home mom for anything in the world. My time to work will come again soon enough.)

2. What are your general goals for blogging?

My general goals for blogging include meet other mothers online with whom I share similar likes and dislikes. I would also like my blog to produce a little income by means of advertising so that I feel I'm a monetary contributor to the household.

3. Do people “in your real life” know that you blog and do they comment on your blog OR is it largely anonymous? How often do you post (x per week)?

Yes, people in my real life know that I blog. Yet, since blogging has not really "caught on" yet in my neck of the woods, seldom do I receive comments from them (or even suspect that they read unless they think it may be about them).

The Mom Trap is updated at least once daily; most often it is updated twice daily.

4. How often do you read other blogs (x per week)?

I read other blogs several times a day. Tending to four children doesn't leave an enormous amount of time, but...

5. How do you select blogs to read (do you prefer blogs that focus on certain topics or do you choose by tone or…?)

I tend to most often read other mom blogs since these are the ones I will find the most interesting information. I also enjoy reading true crime blogs. And recently I've began to enjoy a few political blogs.

6. Do you have any plans to copy your blog entries in any other format, 0r do you think that one day, you’ll just delete it all?

It all depends. If there is a new method of publishing online, I'll probably just transfer the files. Otherwise, the majority of my posts will be deleted.



7. What are the things you like best about blogging?

I enjoy blogging because I feel it gives me an outlet; a way to spend some time with me.

8. What are the things you don’t like about blogging?

I hate having to deal with the spam you receive when you blog.



9. How do you handle comments?

I always visit the sites of those who visit me and leave comments. I've found it's just too time consuming to send each and every visitor an email, so I just try to return the favor by visiting and leaving my own comment.

10. Do you have any burning thoughts to share on blog etiquette?

I don't know so much that this falls into blog etiquette, but I want to beg bloggers to please, please consider what you are posting. When you post pictures of your daughter in her cute little panties, I understand your point but a sexual predator is only going to his (or her) point.

11. Any desired blog features?

A blog feature I would like to see added would be site analytics in Blogger directly from the dashboard.

12. Have you suffered blog addiction?

In the beginning...oh yeah. Now, not so much.

2 chatted about this topic:

Phoenix April 5, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

I totally agree with #7 I think I might go insane without being able to vent on my blog! As far as #9 I love to get comments so I am trying to be better about commenting back!

I hope you had an awesome weekend! :)

Sujomi April 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

It's sad that innocent pictures of kids provide fodder for sexual predators. But that's the way the internet is.

I've been lucky enough not to have spam directly from my blogs. Now that I've said that, watch it flow in! LOL

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP