Thursday, April 16, 2009
But with the help of do-it-yourself sites such as Girly Things and You Can Make This, I've learned to make some adorable little accessories for my little princess.
One of those things that I've learned to make is the Itty Bitty Bow - a hair bow that's a perfect size for infants!
It's very simple to make, takes little material, but is a fun and cute addition to any outfit!
- 20 inches of 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon
- 6 inches of 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon
- alligator clip
- hot glue gun
- needle and thread
- Thread your needle using approximately 24 inches of thread.
- Trim your 5/8 inch grosgrain ribbon to exactly 20 inches in length.
- Fold 5/8 inch ribbon in half and cut upwards at a diagonal on each end.
- Now you need to fold the ribbon. Make the first fold at 4 inches. Continue folding the remaining ribbon.
- Insert the threaded needle through the middle of the ribbon.
- Now pull the ribbon to form loops. Shape to your desired look.
- Wrap the thread around the center of the ribbon. Pull tightly.
- Now tie a knot in your 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon. Leave a little length on each end of the knot.
- Hot glue the knot to the center of your bow. Allow to dry.
- While your knot is drying, line your alligator clip. Instructions for this can be found at Girly Things.
- Hot glue your bow onto the alligator clip.
- Finish off by hot gluing the tails of your center knot to the underside of the top prong of the alligator clip.
WINNER: SHOPANNIES (#17)
Here's what you need to do:
- Visit Discount Ribbon. Then return here to leave a comment with telling me your favorite ribbon color and/or pattern, along with your email address.
Extra Entries (be sure to leave a comment for each additional entry - ie, 5 extra entries = 5 comments):
- Place an order with Discount Ribbon to receive 1 extra entry for every dollar spent. (ie, spend $10, leave 10 comments - not including shipping - purchases will be verified)
- Blog about this giveaway for 5 extra entries.
- Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway for 5 extra entries.
- Follow me on blogger for 5 extra entries.
- Visit You Can Make This and let me know your favorite project for 5 extra entries.
- Add my button to your blog for 1 extra entry.
- Subscribe to this blog through Feedburner for 1 extra entry.
- Check out our Made to Match Gymboree (M2MG) Color Guide and let me know your favorite Gymboree Line for 1 extra entry.
The Fine Print: Contest ends at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on Friday, May 15, 2009. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Open to U.S. and territories residents only. Winner will be notified via email on Saturday, May 16, 2009 and will have 48 hours to claim their prize or an alternate winner will be chosen.