Why Mix and Match Childrens Clothing Is Your Best Bargain

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

According to The Rupp Report, cotton prices have increased by more than 150% since July 2010. And they say these prices are going nowhere but up, up, and up.

*Sigh*

Clothing our children is only going to get more expensive. Those little tikes outgrow their clothes faster than you can snap your fingers, so it's more important than ever to make the most of shopping for children's clothing.

My first rule is to always shop children's consignment sales, and I firmly stand by that belief.

But every now and then I also enjoy treating my children to new clothing, such as when shopping for back to school clothes.

When it come to boys clothing, everything is mix 'n match so it seems.

But girls clothing are a whole different ballgame. That's specifically where I go looking for brands that allow for mixing and matching easily. And with adorable, cutesy names for each matching line, it makes it super-duper easy.

You can even turn it into a game of collecting all the pieces - right down to the purses, shoes, and hair accessories!

Also, if you look closely enough, you'll find that many of the pieces can match a second line of your choice to expand the wardrobe even more!

Once my daughter came along, it didn't take me long to learn that mix and match was the ONLY way to shop. No more wasted money on shirts or shorts with tags from not ever having something to match. Ugh, I shudder at the memories.

And did I mention the space saving of mix 'n match? Yeah, well, another post for another day, right?

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP