Hand Blown Glass Adds Class To Your Decor

Monday, April 11, 2011

As a young girl, one of my most favorite things to do as we strolled the streets of Gatlinburg or visited pioneer villages was to watch the glass makers.  I would stand and watch, wide-eyed and amazed, as they blew into the long pipe with the hot glass at the end; as they molded as shaped, twisted and turned until it became an actual, defined object.

Just thinking about it really makes me long to return and watch the glass makers again.

Not only do they create handy objects that we use every day - such as drinking glasses, candle holders, and vases to name just a few - but they also create beautiful Glass Art that can add a touch of style and class to your home.

Amazingly, these beautiful objects of art are also an affordable way to dress up your home or office decor.  I personally love hand blown glass flower vases.  And whether it's because I'm a child of the 70s or that my grandmother had two sets in her home, I love the hand blown fruits - especially glass grapes.

Hand Blown Glass FlowerAhh, the memories....

While remodeling our home, I've been on the lookout for some unique home decor.  Stumbling across Hand Blown Glass.net website, I found a hand blown glass flower that I am absolutely in love with!  Being over 2 feet tall and six inches in diameter, I have the perfect vase in the most perfect place for it. 

Now all I need to do is somehow convince Brian that this would make a beautiful anniversary and birthday gift combination then that wonderfully unique glass flower will be mine! (can you imagine my evil laugh here?)

Can you do me favor?  If you see Brian out and about, will you tell him he really, really should order the glass flower for me?  If you do, I'll owe ya one! :)

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP