Week Number 3 on the Cinch! Diet Update

Friday, January 21, 2011

Let me get right to point: I've lost 7 pounds!

How awesome is that?! I'm now weighing in at just a hair over 130 pounds.

And Brian can't keep his hands off me! God love him! :)

And I owe a HUGE thank you to Cynthia Sass and her Cinch! diet.

My favorite food on this plan is the Turkey Pita "Pizzalad." What's a Pizzalad? Let me share the recipe, and you'll see:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup all natural marina sauce
  • 1/2 cup field greens
  • 1/4 cup each of chopped asparagus, chopped red bell pepper, chopped red onion, and shredded carrots
  • 1/2 whole-grain pita, sliced widthwise
  • 3 ounces cooked extra-lean ground turkey
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions:  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.  Add the asparagus, pepper, and carrots, and saute until tender.  Lay the pita, outer side facing up, on a piece of foil.  Spread with the marinara, and over with the turkey and sauteed vegetables.  Bake at 450 degrees for five to eight minutes, or until the pita is crisp.  Toss field greens with vinegar and spread over the top of the pita pizza then serve.

YUMMY!  And it's tasty recipes like this in the Cinch! book that help me to keep hanging in there on this diet. 

I won't lie, sometimes it's been hard and I want to hit the nearest drive-thru for a hamburger and french fries, but I've managed to abstain.

The one thing that helps me is that Cynthia Sass makes it clear that, if you do falter, it's not the end of the world.  As she says, it takes approximately 3500 calories to gain one pound of fat.  Somehow, knowing that I can fail without major repercussions keeps me from actually giving in to temptation.

Come back next week when I update on my fourth week of the Cinch! diet. :)

3 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  January 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

what size pita do you use when following the Cinch diet? Do you generally use half a full size pita, or one whole mini or smaller size pita?

homemom3 February 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

This definitely sounds yummy and do able. I'll be adding it to my list of meals to make after my 5 days.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP