Friday, January 21, 2011
Let me get right to point: I've lost 7 pounds!
How awesome is that?! I'm now weighing in at just a hair over 130 pounds.
And Brian can't keep his hands off me! God love him! :)
And I owe a HUGE thank you to Cynthia Sass and her Cinch! diet.
My favorite food on this plan is the Turkey Pita "Pizzalad." What's a Pizzalad? Let me share the recipe, and you'll see:
- 1/2 cup all natural marina sauce
- 1/2 cup field greens
- 1/4 cup each of chopped asparagus, chopped red bell pepper, chopped red onion, and shredded carrots
- 1/2 whole-grain pita, sliced widthwise
- 3 ounces cooked extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
YUMMY! And it's tasty recipes like this in the Cinch! book that help me to keep hanging in there on this diet.
I won't lie, sometimes it's been hard and I want to hit the nearest drive-thru for a hamburger and french fries, but I've managed to abstain.
The one thing that helps me is that Cynthia Sass makes it clear that, if you do falter, it's not the end of the world. As she says, it takes approximately 3500 calories to gain one pound of fat. Somehow, knowing that I can fail without major repercussions keeps me from actually giving in to temptation.
Come back next week when I update on my fourth week of the Cinch! diet. :)