Sunday, January 16, 2011
How many times have you wished you had paper plates on hand so that you didn't have to do dishes later?
I know it happens to me.... A LOT!
Of course, then you feel guilty because you're creating more trash for the already-full landfills; more stuff that's harmful to the enviroment.
Well trash the guilt, because there's a new paper plate in town - Hefty® Basics™ Biodegradable Paper Plates.
Free of inks, dyes, or coatings, Hefty Basics are about the same price as other name brand paper plates BUT you can toss these into your composite bin instead.
How cool is that?
When I was offered a sample of the Hefty Basics, I was excited. Green product, no dishes for a few meals - can you blame me? But when I learned the enviromental friendliness of Hefty's newest product, I was estatic!
We've been using these "paper" plates for a few days now and love them. Not only are they super strong and large enough to easily accomodate standard meal sizes, but we're not filling up the trash after eating - instead we're adding to our composite for Spring planting!
Does Hefty Basics sound like something you'd like to try? Keep reading to find out how you can do it for free!
GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY! Hefty, through Matrixx, has generously provided 2 coupons for free Hefty Basics product (total value $4.98) to one lucky reader of The Mom Trap.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER: In the spirit of environmentalism, Hefty® Basics™ has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation™ on a quest to plant 10,000 trees, one for every ten new “Like”s on Facebook - so head on over to http://www.facebook.com/HeftyBasicsTableware and "like" them and leave a comment saying so. (Be sure to include an email address or have one available on your profile in case you win!)
Want to increase your chances of winning with extra entries? (Leave a comment for each additional entry; i.e. 2 extra entries = 2 comments)
- Become a Facebook Fan of The Mom Trap at www.facebook.com/themomtrap (1 extra entry. Current followers also receive extra entry.)
- Follow The Mom Trap with Google Friend Connect, Twitter, or Yahoo Account. (1 extra entry. Current followers included.)
- Follow The Mom Trap on Twitter (1 extra entry. Current followers included.)
- Tweet this giveaway for 2 extra entries, including @kdcantrell in your tweet. (Include the Tweet status URL in your comment.)
- Blog about this giveaway for 5 extra entries. (Be sure to include the URL of your post in your comment)
- Add The Mom Trap button (lower right column) to your blog for 5 extra entries.
The Fine Print: Contest ends at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on Thursday, January 30, 2011. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Open to U.S. and territories residents only; void where prohibited. Winner will be announced on Facebook and notified via email no later than Monday, January 31, 2011, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize or an alternate winner will be chosen.