Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Sandra Boynton claims to have been six years old since 1959.
I believe her.
Recently I was provided with a copy of her new book Amazing Cows and since then it has become my six-year-old's favorite book; we have to read several segments every day, several times each day.
You're probably asking yourself exactly what Amazing Cows is.
It's okay, I did too.
As Sandra Boynton herself describes it, "It is perhaps a 96-page, lavishly-illustrated, exuberant, miscellany of bovinely-inspired stories, jokes, poems, a song, a myth and even a vintage Amazing Cow comic book entitled Trouble on Zebblor 7"
Still not getting it? Okay, let me put this way: it's a book about funny cow stuff! With a few pigs and chickens tossed so as not to be discriminatory, of course.
As I said, Big Brother is loving Amazing Cows and has to have his cow fill every day; at which time he belly laughs. His favorite part is the three knock-knock jokes, that he repeats over and over and over...
Okay, so it's making me a little crazy. But he loves it, so I love it.
Check out the free preview below and then head out and grab Amazing Cows for your kid or the adult child in your family - because it would make one a-MOO-zing stocking stuffer! (Or you can be cheap and shoot for the giveaway that follows the preview!)
GIVEAWAY! GIVEAWAY! Sandra Boyton and Workman Publishing is generously offering a free copy of Amazing Cows to one lucky reader of The Mom Trap.
Here's how to enter: Leave a comment below telling me what is your favorite farm animal. (Be sure to include an email address or have one available on your profile in case you win!)
Want to increase your chances of winning with extra entries? (Leave a comment for each additional entry; i.e. 2 extra entries = 2 comments)
- Visit Workman Publishing at http://www.workman.com/ and tell me the name of another Workman title you like.
- Like Sandra Boynton on Facebook for 1 extra entry (already like it? That counts!).
- Become a Facebook Fan of The Mom Trap at www.facebook.com/themomtrap (1 extra entry. Current followers also receive extra entry.)
- Follow The Mom Trap with Google Friend Connect, Twitter, or Yahoo Account. (1 extra entry. Current followers included.)
- Follow The Mom Trap on Twitter (1 extra entry. Current followers included.)
- Tweet this giveaway for 2 extra entries, including @kdcantrell in your tweet. (Include the Tweet status URL in your comment.)
- Blog about this giveaway for 5 extra entries. (Be sure to include the URL of your post in your comment)