My Extreme Home Makeover: Week 2

Monday, October 4, 2010

What a time we've had with Week 2 of My Extreme Home Makeover! To sum it up, all I can say is that I have the world's most wonderful, most patient husband in the WORLD!

If you'll recall, I raved about the Encounter blue from Valspar Paint that I had decided on. Such a pretty blue!

On the paint chip!!

Actually, it is a beautiful blue but just a bit too baby-boy-nursery for me tastes. So I had to tell Brian that I didn't like it and it was time to look again.

After a little back and forth - and giving it A LOT of extra thought this time - I decided on a much lighter shade of blue:  Summer Breeze, also from Valspar.

Speaking of Valspar paint,  can I mention again how awesome this paint is? Can you imagine if we had to primer these walls every time I changed my mind? (I don't think Brian would have had the patience he's had in that case)    

Change your mind, no problems.  One coat will do the trick.  (I'm sure, as with every rule, there is some exceptions but not for us - thank goodness!)

And the people at Lowe's, where Valspar paint is sold, are wonderful!  Very helpful.  Also patient.  Wow, just great folks!

Ok, anyway, back to my project....so Brian gets the Summer Breeze mixed up and spends the weekend working out a few more "spots" that he hadn't noticed before in the drywall; finally painting on Saturday night. 

Two days later, I can say THIS IS IT!!  I finally found the blue I'm happy with.  (I pretty sure I heard Brian breath a HUGE sigh of relief...lol)

With the walls painted a color I like, Brian decided he could move on.

We changed out our prehistoric light "switches" to the more modern "rockers." Amazing how such a simple change - ha!  there's another story - can make such a HUGE difference.

Now about that other story....my man knows his stuff when it comes to making over a home, but not when idiots have come before him and screwed things up.  Those "simple" light switch changes turned into hours of work!  I could go into a long explanation, but let's just say I'm a little nervous about the rest of the wiring in this house! 

But my perfectionist husband worked at it until it was done right! (Gotta love 'em!)

Oh yeah, we even replaced the central heat and air return grate!  After years of being banged by roughhousing boys, hit by moving furniture, etc., it was time for a new one!

So now we'll be moving on to doors, frames, baseboards, crown molding, and painting the ceiling.  Not necessarily in that order.

Be sure to follow along each week for our out with the old, in with the new.....or to see how many times I can change my mind? :)
Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

Rhen @Yes, they are all mine October 5, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I love the big change that all the little details, switch plates, plug covers and such can add to a room. Great tackle!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP