Friday, October 15, 2010
Well, I got you here with my nifty title but now I have to tell you the truth: I'm not so unique in my ideas. It's not for a lack of trying, I'm just not that talented.
But I'm always willing to give it my best shot, and so is the case when Purple Trail, via Mom Bloggers Club, asked members to blog about their creative holiday card ideas.
I'm definitely not a first prize winner, but I think I've got a few adorable ideas. Such as:
- An individual picture of each member of the family participating in their favorite activity such as sports, baking, being a couch potato or creating chaos (such as is the case with Princess A!). Collage them for a unique front cover.
- Hand drawn and colored pictures by the children or the adults if they are talented. Just as long as it shows you took time and effort - didn't cheat with a computer - then it's all good. (Ok, ok - I know, computer graphic design is just as much work. I'm just a little old fashioned.)
- Don't do a card at all. Instead consider doing one of those family newsletter things, where everybody shares their good news (and, if your lucky, the gossip!) about the last 11 1/2 months.
- If you're one of those people who keep mounds of Christmas cards from years past (I'm not that sentimental, but I know plenty who are), create a Collage of Cards from Christmas Past. If you want to go all Christmas Carol, you could come up with a spiffy poem about this being the Card of Christmas Present and maybe even show a hint for the card from Christmas Future.
- Play Hide 'n Seek with your cards. You know those kids games where you hunt in the picture for certain objects? Basing it on that game, you photoshop in your photo the letters spelling "Merry Christmas" at strategic places throughout the photo. Or maybe photoshop in bows, ornaments, etc.
What you really want to do is visit PurpleTrail's vast selection of personalized holiday cards for some really fun card ideas - not just for Christmas but any holiday or occasion imaginable!
By creating this post, I am eligible for a PurpleTrail gift code.