Follow Along With My Extreme Home Makeover

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For years, I've been an earth tone kinda gal. Never straying for your basic browns, greens, blacks.  Simple, square rooms that show very little imagination....or personality.

I've decided to shake things up a little. And by shaking it up a "little," I mean I'm doing a complete home renovation.

Okay, not me, I'm just the planner. My wonderfully handy, always-ready-for-a-project hubby, Brian, is the sweat behind my little renovation.

We're starting with the hallway. We've stripped wallpaper, took down the crown molding, the chair rail, and door frames.

To make sure this renovation lasts us a while, Brian is making sure everything is perfect. He's remudding the walls, sanding it down, and double checking to make sure there are no holes, scrapes, bumps, etc.

As you can see we've got to have a lot of patience because it's not a fast paced project.

But this week, Brian did paint the right side of the hallway. Of course, not without a hassle from me. I first picked one color of blue that I thought I loved. After it was up, not so much. So off to Lowe's to get my the blue I really wanted: Encounter by Valspar.    

By the way, if you haven't tried Valspar paint, consider it next time you have a project. Like their advertisements say, it is truly ONE coat paint. It's a little pricier than other brands, but WELL worth. (And keep in mind, I'm the cheap queen!)

Anyway, here is what we've managed to get done so far:



This is just the first step in My Extreme Home Makeover.  We're going to be adding walls, moving light fixtures, installing a flat panel television, painting and replacing crown molding, baseboards, and doors; plus replacing furniture, and so much more.  So be sure to follow along with each week (or maybe month - depending on how fast we move...lol) for updates.

And you want to know the very best part?  We'll be doing it all with CASH!  No home improvement or personal loans.  Nope, we're doing it Dave Ramsey style!  YIPPEE!!!
Kimmie
For more Tackle It Tuesday Projects visit www.5minutesformom.com

3 chatted about this topic:

Marni's Organized Mess September 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Good luck! Congrats on the DR style!! :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads September 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Home renovation, while stressful, is also a lot of fun. Congrats on doing the whole thing cash only!

Staci A September 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

It looks like a great start!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP