Prince Or Princess? for Aloha Friday!

Friday, August 13, 2010

First, I gotta say two things: (1) TGIF! You with me? and (2) The kids are back in school and I'm back in the Aloha Friday game!

For those of you who don't know what Aloha Friday is, here is what Kailani at An Island Life (the host of this meme) has to say:  "In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too."

Ask a question, answer questions.  That's how we roll with the Aloha Friday meme!

Ok, this week my question is about babies....

As parents, when we learning we're having baby, although we may not admit it, there's typically a gender that we favor.  (I do believe in the "as long as it's healthy parents" but I think the majority harbor a wish for either a boy or a girl.)  And some people even use methods to pick the gender of the baby (with some success, so I've heard).   
So, here's the question:

Did you (or do you) have a special preference for a specific gender any of the time(s) you were expecting a baby?

MY ANSWER:
The first time I was pregnant, I was just 17 and unwed; so I don't know that I really took time to think about a preferance.  I had a boy.  The second time I was pregnant, I desperately wanted a girl.  But once I realized I was having a boy, I was okay with it.  The third time, I really wanted a girl again.  But when I laid eyes on my third baby boy, all that wishing was forgotten.  Then I quit trying.  And surprise baby number four...well, I wanted a girl.  And that's what I got! 
Kimmie
Head on over to An Island Life to play Aloha Friday!

8 chatted about this topic:

Dee August 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

I wanted a girl w/ #1 and got a boy-but was perfectly fine with that. By #2, I thought I'd end up with all boys-but still wanted a girl. I got a girl. For #3-I won't care and am even going to try and not find out the sex at all...until it is born.

Anonymous,  August 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

I wanted a girl for #2 because already had a boy. I know I would have been happy with either but I was thrilled to get my wish!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations August 13, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

I am the same as Dee. (except we are not having a #3)

I am Harriet August 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Nope- just wanted a healthy child.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/when-is-it-time-to-move-on/

LadyBug-Kellie August 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Of course I'd be happy with either, but I think it would be great to have another girl so my Daughter could grow up close with a sister.
But a little boy would be something new and a whole different thing for us, and that would be a lot of fun too. Just today I was thinking about having 2 teenage girls at the same time, and my mind went more towards wanting a boy, LOL!
I'll know soon though! So excited either way!

Sarann August 13, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

I really wanted and thought that I was having a girl, but I remember the absolute joy in my husbands face when our ultrasound tech said definitely a boy. Now I see that boys tend to bond best with their Mommies, and am so in love with being Mom to my son. When we try again it would be nice to have a girl, but quite honestly the practical side of me would be thrilled to have another boy since we have all boy stuff and I would love another adoring son.

~ Noelle August 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

well, my hubby has 5 boys...
so i would love to have a girl whenever we get pregnant again!

galvus July 17, 2020 at 1:25 AM  

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you. To get more information champix from finax.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP