Grandma Knew Best When It Came to Teething Babies

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I recently updated my Facebook status to read, "I know why OBs and Pediatricians want to be paid up front...the only thing to repo if you default is the child(ren)...and some days there is just no incentive to pay the bill."

That pretty much sums up my day yesterday...and today.


Seems my little princess is cutting some back teeth.  Between the super-drool and the crankiness, she's enjoying following me around from room to room crying at me.

And you know what horrible thought is crossing my mind?  That I understand why my grandparents' generation used Jack Daniels on a baby's gums.

It wasn't to numb it.   It was to give them just enough to souse them up.  And let's face it...a baby is either going to be happy drunk or a sleepy drunk.

Either one works for me right now.

But don't get your panties in a wad.  I'm not giving her Jack Daniels for teething.  As a matter of fact, not even giving her Tylenol (since it don't work anyway).

No, I'm toughing it out like a good Mommy. 

Albeit a stressed, teetering-on-the-edge of craziness Mommy.
Kimmie

Find More Random Thoughts Tuesday at The UnMom.

2 chatted about this topic:

Babes Mami March 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

My Babe is teething too but we give him a couple Teething Tablets when he seems to be suffering the most. They are homeopathic and work amazingly well.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Oh crap, do I have to start wearing panties?

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP