The Facebook Guide Every Parent MUST Read!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I grew up in a time before the internet.

Before anyone had even heard the term "internet."

Now I'm raising children in an era that everything seems to revolve around the internet.

Ugh!  That's the only word to describe how I feel about it sometimes.

Did you know...according to the Crimes Against Children Research Center, 1 in 5 U.S. teens have received a unwanted sexual solicitation via the web.

Scary enough, huh?  Would you be even more frightened to learn that 75 percent of children are willing to share their personal information in exchange for goods or services?

And social networking sites such as Facebook are the perfect location for predators of all kinds.

It's with this in mind that SupremeSocial.com is introducing their latest ebook and videos:  Facebook Guide for Parents.

This easy-to-understand and use guide tells parents everything they need to know about establishing their own presence on Facebook and monitoring their children's accounts.

A no-muss, no-fuss guide that gets straight to the point.  No fluff. No filler.  Everything you need to know to get started on Facebook in under half an hour.

Need a visual step by step?  Although included in the ebook, Facebook Guide for Parents also includes videos that offers narrated videos with the same detailed instructions.

I didn't necessarily agree with some of what I deem "Politically Correct" tips on being Facebook friends (or not) with your child (I'm a dictator parent, I admit it); however, I found this well-written ebook to be a one I can highly recommend reading by any parent with a child online - especially those on Facebook.

To learn more about Facebook Guide for Parents from SupremeSocial.com, visit http://www.facebookguideforparents.com/.  Although not yet published, a release date is expected soon.

Facebook Guide for Parents and SupremeSocial.com are not affiliated with Facebook Corporation.  SupremeSocial.com provided a free copy of the aforementioned ebook to The Mom Trap in exchange for a honest, uncensored review.

1 chatted about this topic:

Facebook Dad March 25, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

Facebook doesn't turn people into predators, in fact, technology has made it easier to identify them!

It's a tool, and one that we parents should know how to use before we hand it off to our kids.

I write about my technological adventures with my kids at Facebook Dad:

http://www.facebookdad.com

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP