Wii Active Not As Big A Hit with The Kids As Wii Fit

Monday, October 26, 2009

I recently celebrated my 36th birthday. Every time I was asked what I wanted for a birthday I would have rather forgotten, I adamantly declared, "Wii Active!"

And that's exactly what I got.

I love it!

Combining it with the Wii Fit, I'm getting a great body-trimming and complete cardio workout.

My two youngest boys, however, aren't as thrilled with it and would rather stick strictly with the Wii Fit.

One of the very first things we noticed is that the Wii Active is not designed for left-handed persons. Bigger Brother, being a southpaw (as we lovingly call him), struggled to play with his right hand.

Wii Sports came with the ability to choose a person's dominate hand. The games play through Wii Fit don't function based on sides. However, Wii Active frequently specifies a hand the remote must be in, and if the remote is not in that specific hand it results in the "trainer" tsk, tsk'ing a playing as the system can't "read" a player's movements.

Once Bigger Brother changed hands, the system picked up on it right away. He, however, decided that just wasn't comfortable and gave up completely.

My next and last complaint has to do with running/jogging.

When using this portion of the Wii Active, players are instructed to insert the Nunchuck into the leg strap while holding the remote in their right hand.

Yeah, tried that. I kept being told I was moving too slow, even when I ran as hard as I could.

I've figured out to go against the instructions and keep the nunchuck in my left hand and the remote in my right.

Big Brother, on the other hand, decided to go completely against it and go back to the running feature on Wii Fit. According to him, it's "better to look at."

I've got to admit, the "scenery" on Wii Fit is better than the track found Wii Active.

Irregardless of those kinks mentioned, Wii Active is definitely an improvement in graphics and music.

I'm anxious to see Nintendo's next fitness release for the Wii. I'm sure I'll be a fan - can't say the same for the kiddies.

Kimmie

2 chatted about this topic:

kailani October 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

I think I may be the only person on Earth who has not yet tried the Wii Fit. :-)

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP