Tip Me! What's The Best Tip You've Ever Received?

Friday, October 23, 2009

Short and sweet this week-

My Question:

What is the best tip you've ever received. About life, love, parenting, etc.?

My Answer:

I have received many wonderful tidbits of advice during my lifetime, but if I had to choose one it would be: Pick your battles.

While the advisor is usually referring to children, I've found it is something that applies to life in general.

And since learning to follow this advice, life is much more simpler and enjoyable.

Kimmie

7 chatted about this topic:

Andrea October 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

When I was pregnant with my first, my mom worried aloud about me having a baby so young, as she had done. She said that if she could do everything over again she would have followed her heart raising my oldest sister, and not let other people's opinions stop her from doing what she felt was best for her children. I really took that to heart. I strongly believe that the best thing a parent can do is follow his/her heart and do what he/she really believes is best for his/her family right now. That means what's best for me might be all wrong for another mommy, so I also try not to judge too harshly.

Beth @ TheAngelForever October 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

The best advice I had was when student teaching. It was to be myself and never let the kids see you flustered. I think this not only works in the classroom, but at home as well.

The Royal Family October 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

at first i was thinking... oh my this could take a while, but when you said pick your battles... WOW yeah that's a good one.

no other ideas...

October 23, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Brandi October 23, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Probably to be your own person, and also not to judge. You never know what the other people have been through!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP