Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Classical music is believed by some researchers to cause "The Mozart Effect," a phenomenon that can potentially aid in the development of math, reasoning, and memory skills, while also giving babies and toddlers a head start on learning language.
And what parent doesn't want to give their child a head start, right? Including me!
So I was more than pleased to be given the wonderful opportunity by Momfluence to sample the Little Music Lovers series.
The four CD series for children from Universal Music Classical provides parents with an opportunity to introduce their babies and toddlers to the world around them by incorporating beautiful, thought-provoking music from the famous Decca catalog.
The musical pieces found in The Little Music Lovers collection were carefully selected for the their melodic content, as well as their impact in enhancing early childhood development. Children will learn from the series, while parents can enjoy many hours of beautiful music.
Beautiful music envelops readers through a wide assortment of tracks that compliment one another perfectly from beginning to end.
While my 9 month old daughter didn't seem to be affected by the lovely sounds filling our home, my preschooler (5) definitely paid attention and even said, "I like that."
Although I may not be their target market, I found myself working at a slower, steadier pace to match the easy flow of the music; leaving me feeling much calmer and relaxed as it came to an end.
Can I assure you that your child will be a little budding Einstein after listening to these CDs? No, I can't.
But what have you got lose? Nothing...except yourself...in the music. :)
And why not give it a try for FREE with our Little Music Lovers CD GIVEAWAY! Here's how:
- Visit LittleMusicLovers.com then return here to leave a comment telling me which of the 4 in the series you think would be your favorite.
Would you like to earn additional chances? (Please leave a comment for each additional entry... i.e., 5 extra entries = 5 comments)
- Subscribed to The Mom Trap's feed via email (right column): 1 extra entry
- Follow this blog through Google Friend Connect (left column): 2 extra entries
- Follow me on Twitter: 2 extra entries
- Tweet this giveaway. Be sure to include @kdcantrell in your tweet: 3 extra entries
- Add my button to your blog. Leave the URL in your comment: 4 extra entries.
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave the URL in your comment: 5 extra entries.
The Fine Print: Must be 18 or older to enter. Open to U.S. Residents only. Contest begins September 21, 2009, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on October 30, 2009. Winner will be notified within 24 hours and must supply a valid USPS shipping address. Failure to provide a valid email and/or shipping address will result in forfeiture of prize.