Necco All Natural Wafers Review

Thursday, October 29, 2009


The New England Confectionery Company (NECCO) is the oldest multi-line Candy Company in the United States and celebrated its 150th Anniversary in 1997. The World Corporate Headquarters is located in Revere, Massachusetts.

I remember going trick or treating every Halloween as a child. One of the popular candies to hand out (way back then) was NECCO assorted wafers.

They were OH. SO. GOOD.

And I hate to admit it, but as I've grown older the candy faded from my mind.

Until Twittermoms, teaming up NECCO, jogged my memory with this review opportunity!

I received samples of the NECCO All Natural Wafers in the 7 original flavors: orange; lemon (yellow); clove (pink); cinnamon (white); wintergreen (purple); licorice (gray); and chocolate.

"Kids aren't going to go 'Yippee! It's all natural!' but they might say to their parents ... 'Look, it's all natural, it's right on the package!"' said Steve Almond, author of "Candyfreak: A Journey Through the Chocolate Underbelly of America," and a self-professed fan of NECCO wafers.

While lighter in color, these little wafers still pack an awesome, flavor-filled punch - immediately transporting me back in time.

I'm hooked....again!

And so are my 13 and 5-year-old sons.

NECCO will be phasing in these delicious treats at major retailers before and after Halloween.

However, in the meantime, NECCO was kind enough to provide a WHOLE package for me to hand as Halloween treats....so visitors to my home will get them before they're even in stores here!

Now how's that for AWESOME! :)

Kimmie

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP