Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe

Monday, August 3, 2009

The other day I opened my mailbox to find I had received a free copy of Betty Crocker's Best-Loved Collection: Cookies & Bars; which is currently on sale through your grocer or where magazines are sold through September 8, 2009.

It couldn't have arrived at a better time since my sweet tooth was starting to get the best of me. :)

After flipping through the 116 available recipes, I decided on the Peanut Butter Cookies.

Peanut Butter Cookie RecipeAnd they turned out awesome! So I thought I'd share the recipe....

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

  • 1/4 cup shortening

  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)

  • 1 large egg

  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • Additional granulated sugar


Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

  2. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 3 inches apart. Flatten into crisscross patter with fork dipped in additional granulated sugar.

  3. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown. cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.


Nutritional Information: 1 cookie = 1 serving: Calories 110 (Calories from fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated fat 1.5g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 2g.

Kimmie


Visit More Make Something Monday Participants at Go! Graham! Go! and JollyMom.

1 chatted about this topic:

Shana Putnam August 3, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Oh how I love peanut butter cookies! I really, really do! Lucky you!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP