The 17 Year Old and The KGB Incident

Tuesday, August 18, 2009



In less than a year, my oldest (17) will leave for college.

I am really, really afraid of what will happen when he doesn't have mom to help squash the stupidity everyday.

The other day, I got our cell phone bill in the mail. It usually averages $110 per month.

Brian, who initially would have only sent a text kicking and screaming, has suddenly found that it's a handy dandy little way to talk with someone without all the useless conversation in between.

So, a month here and there, the bill will reach $120. (No unlimited text plan for Brian....yet!)

This month: $140.

Doesn't sound bad, right? Maybe to some, but I keep a tight reign on our expenses.

Amazing that my first thought wasn't the guy who has just learned texting as the culprit.

No, I immediately thought of the 17-year-old.

And, of course, I was right.

He didn't suddenly start texting out of network.

He didn't go over his allotted minutes.

He did decide he was going to text that silly KGB group. You've see the advertisements, right?

Text any question to 542542 and they'll answer it.

So when I confronted him with it, know what he said?

"I thought that counted in my unlimited texting."

Um, no. [insert an eye roll] Did you not see (or hear) that it's 99 cents per text?

He replies, "Sorry. No."

Brain dead.

Nothing going on up there.

Selective reading/hearing.

Obviously.

So I made him give me $20.

He wasn't happy.

I didn't care.

Bet he doesn't do that again.

Kimmie

3 chatted about this topic:

The Crazy Coxes August 18, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

LOL! We made our son pony up the extra money as well........until we all went to the unlimited texting. This won't make you feel better. When my 20 year old was a freshman in college, he had one month with 9,860 text messages. Luckily, he had straight A's or I would have flown to colleg and killed him!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman August 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

I had to laugh. Teens barely read let alone read the fine print.

Lifeofkaylen August 19, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

ha-my sons friends once signed him up for a joke-an-HOUR thing....we got the charges reversed, but he was pretty scared for a bit! :)

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP