Tell Me About The Best Life Lesson You've Learned

Friday, July 24, 2009

I used to be extremely judgmental of people. I was horrible! It seemed that there was constantly critizing someone for the things they did; how they reacted to situations.

I never really believed I was better than anyone, but my thoughts and actions sure didn't show it.

I guess more than anything I thought I was smarter than others; or maybe I thought things could never happen to me and, if they did it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Because I, the all-knowing one, would handle it perfectly.

Boy, was I ever setting myself up to be taught some horrendous life lessons. Lessons that would come with heartache and headache and leave me in a position to be judged myself.

I made it through those difficult times; and surprisingly mentally and emotionally intact (although at times that is questionable).

I wouldn't trade what I experienced for anything in the world. By walking the proverbial mile in someone else shoes, I have learned to be a better person, mother, and wife. I also learned to think before you speak or act because, at some point in life (whether it be sooner or later), it will come home to you.

My question for you this week:

What's The Best Life Lesson You've Learned?
Kimmie

10 chatted about this topic:

Auntie E July 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Sometimes I think it is always green on the other side. I decide to move and start over but find out it's the same. Now I am satisfied where I am. My grass is very green,LOL.

Kim July 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

When I was younger and in college I had the best roommate. She and I had a lot in common, got along great and were fast friends. During summer vacation, I didn't reply to her letter right away and months went by. For whatever reason, when I finally wrote back I told her I had been away on vacation (to Europe!) and that was why I didn't write sooner. She found out that I was lying and dropped me like a hot potato. From that moment on, I realized the importance of being authentic and telling the truth no matter what. I still miss her and wish I hadn't destroyed our relationship.

AudreyO July 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

First impressions are often wrong. Don't be so quick to judge.

Heather July 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

When my kids were younger I was more judgmental of the behavior of other peoples kids. Now that I have teens, I understand sometimes you just have to let kids be themselves:)

annies home July 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

I think when I started getting sick I learned that life and those in it are more important than what is not and those who choose not to be in it

Jeremy July 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

My life's lesson is things are never as bad as they seem and it's must easier to just deal with it and move on. :)

sues2u2 July 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

My lesson was that we each see things differently & that I can be okay w/ that. You might see the sky as green while I see it as purple. Who's to say whose wrong? Maybe we're both right but looking up @ different elements in a rainbow!

Becca July 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

I've learned to not dwell on bad things.

Night Owl Mama July 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

I've learned to not sweat the small stuff I used to flip over everything now unless its big... I don't sweat it

kailani July 25, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

To let my kids be kids. Sometimes I get so caught up in lessons, afterschool activities, etc.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP