Share Your Ideas to Celebrate the 4th of July

Friday, July 3, 2009

Each week for Aloha Friday, hosted by An Island Life, I try to ask a question that requires a (teensy) bit of thought - one last bit of mental stimulation before we all totally lame out for the weekend.

But in the spirit of it being a vacationing week in our home, I'm going to completely, 100% wimp out on trying to come up with a thought provoking question. ;)

So, here is my question for the week:

What is one thing that you do to celebrate the 4th of July that you think is (a little/completely/most definitely) unique?

My Answer:


Every year me, Brian and the kids, along with my brother and sister-in-law, at my parents house to swim, grill out, and play croquet. At the end of the evening, we all venture into to town to watch the fireworks show put on by the city.

Okay, so we're not even a little unique - but it's fun and maybe I'll get some new ideas for y'all! :)


HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Kimmie
Aloha Friday is brought to you by Kailani at An Island Life.
To find out more, visit her blog at
www.island808.com

11 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  July 3, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Nothing unique.....jut the same ole, same ole,....golfing if its not too wet and watching golf on the tv.

I am Harriet July 3, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Not sure what is unique. I use to walk with the marching band in the parade.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/fridays.html

AudreyO July 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

We are not unique at all. We seem to do something different every year. This year we'll be with my mom and dad and having a BBQ at one of their friends homes.

Anonymous,  July 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

We are not unique. We have a cookout at my house and then go to the park for the fireworks.

Jennifer July 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Definitely not unique. We BBQ and watch the fireworks.

Unknown July 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Nothing unique! We just love to BBQ and watch fireworks.

Anonymous,  July 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I'm not sure how unique it is but my wife always makes this really cool flag cake with strawberries. We sure enjoy it. :)

Liz Mays July 3, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

I bet I don't do anything unique. I do always make red,white and blue jello for the kids though.

Becca July 3, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

I normally try to stay home so the dog doesn't get scared. Is that unique?

Beth @ TheAngelForever July 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Nothing really unique with us either. The past two years we were with my brother and his family. Last year we went cherry picking on the 4th and it was a lot of fun.

Tara July 6, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

Oh man I can't even hardly claim doing anything exciting..let alone unique lol All we did was light a few fireworks on the driveway.. With some forced 'yays' and that was it lol

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP