Saturday, July 25, 2009
If I think really hard, about the only real talent I have is the gift of gab.
And I don't really see that a talent, but more of a nuisance.
If, by some magical blessing, I were to choose what talents I could possess, I think would pick these:
- Speed Reading: I always have a ton of books to read for reviews, and sometimes I get a little behind. Of course, I want to have speed reading capabilities and still be able to immensely enjoy the book - which generally doesn't go hand-in-hand.
- Flexibility: When I was younger, I had so much of it; at 35, not so much. I've notice a lot less of it since I stopped coaching cheerleading. It would be nice to get out of bed each morning without at least one thing hurting.
- Singing: If I had this wonderful talent, maybe I could use it to earn a lot of money...or at the very least keep my kids from begging me not to do it and the dogs from howling.
- Sewing: I would, at the very least, like to be able to sew buttons back on. Every now and again, I see a cute pattern or something similar that I would like to try out, but I'm not even sure I know how to turn my sewing machine on! (My mother got me one for my birthday one year, think she had high hopes?)
- Floral Design: This one should have probably been closer to the top. I love to have vases of (fake) flowers throughout the house. It just makes a house look so....cheery! If I had this talent, I would have a house full of vases and flowers!
Of course, then I would have to keep them dusted; which I really don't like doing. So I guess this shouldn't be on the list at all. ;)
- Gourmet Cooking: This one isn't so much for me as it is for my husband Brian. He really enjoys a good meal, and he's always so appreciative after I fix a meal; which only encourages me to do it (well, most of the time anyway). I wish I had the talent of gourmet cooking so I could give him an even wider variety of dishes.
It'll never happen. I've tried. I sucked.