Kimmie's Got Talent (Or Not)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

If I think really hard, about the only real talent I have is the gift of gab.

And I don't really see that a talent, but more of a nuisance.

If, by some magical blessing, I were to choose what talents I could possess, I think would pick these:



  1. Speed Reading: I always have a ton of books to read for reviews, and sometimes I get a little behind. Of course, I want to have speed reading capabilities and still be able to immensely enjoy the book - which generally doesn't go hand-in-hand.

  2. Flexibility: When I was younger, I had so much of it; at 35, not so much. I've notice a lot less of it since I stopped coaching cheerleading. It would be nice to get out of bed each morning without at least one thing hurting.

  3. Singing: If I had this wonderful talent, maybe I could use it to earn a lot of money...or at the very least keep my kids from begging me not to do it and the dogs from howling.

  4. Sewing: I would, at the very least, like to be able to sew buttons back on. Every now and again, I see a cute pattern or something similar that I would like to try out, but I'm not even sure I know how to turn my sewing machine on! (My mother got me one for my birthday one year, think she had high hopes?)

  5. Floral Design: This one should have probably been closer to the top. I love to have vases of (fake) flowers throughout the house. It just makes a house look so....cheery! If I had this talent, I would have a house full of vases and flowers!

    Of course, then I would have to keep them dusted; which I really don't like doing. So I guess this shouldn't be on the list at all. ;)

  6. Gourmet Cooking: This one isn't so much for me as it is for my husband Brian. He really enjoys a good meal, and he's always so appreciative after I fix a meal; which only encourages me to do it (well, most of the time anyway). I wish I had the talent of gourmet cooking so I could give him an even wider variety of dishes.

    It'll never happen. I've tried. I sucked.

Kimmie

7 chatted about this topic:

Kelly July 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I would also like to be able to speed read and to do floral design. Great list

Maria@Conversations with Moms July 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

I would love to be a great cook as well. From visiting the other blogs, it looks like we are not alone.

Veggiemomof2 July 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Floral arranging is one I haven't seen, but another good one! I put floral growing on mine LOL.

Shana Putnam July 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

I love to read your posts! They just crack me up with your sense of humor. So funny. By the way, you are welcome for me commenting, I know what it is like to feel you are alone in your views on some things and it is nice to feel like you have the same ideas as someone else. i swear sometimes I think I could have written your posts myself. too funny! Hope you have a great day!

Dee July 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

very cool wish list. I love the dogs howling, I can't imagine your that bad! Floral design would be very cool.

Rana July 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Floral design would be fun. Great list!

Staci A July 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I wish I could speed read too-the stack of books to get through would be a lot less daunting!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP