Fighting Teens Leads to A VERY Clean Sidewalk - And Peace!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You would think brothers ages 17 and 13 couldn't find so much to fight about.

But they do. And they did.

And I was sick and tired of it.

So I decided to make my Tackle It Tuesday project one of supervision while they tackled the project I had planned to do.

Cleaning our sidewalk that hasn't been cleaned since moving here in April 1994:

While they still fought it out a little bit after they began scrubbing and then power-pressure rinsing, they quickly figured out it would take twice as long to get it done at that pace.

After that was over, my nerves thoroughly frayed, I did learn something: oh boy, do teenage boys come in hand at tackling the tough jobs! And they're mighty handy with a pressure washer too!


I am so proud to say, even after their task was complete, my oldest boy continued - WITHOUT BEING TOLD - to pressure wash the entire house, shutters, gutters, and trim!

And the best part? There has been peace in my house ever since! ;)


Kimmie
Tackle It Tuesday Meme

3 chatted about this topic:

B July 7, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

What a great story and tackle. Awesome!!

My first visit here but I'll be back.

Michele July 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Oh great job. My two older boys are 16 and 12 so understand the way that age can just find things to fight about.lol And peace in the house always good!

Suzanne July 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

I am going to have to remember this one and try it out with our 2.

Mine are 15 and 7 and still manage to find things to fight about on a daily basis.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP