Words of Wisdom for the Graduate (Thursday 13)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's graduation time again - young people being turned loose on society!

So in honor of those graduates, I'm going to include 13 things every high school graduate needs to know. (I can only hope that the graduates of today have a little better grasp on the words of wisdom provided to them than I did when I graduated 18 years ago.)

Here's my 13 thoughts of wisdom:

  1. You don't know everything.

  2. You're not invincible, proceed with caution.

  3. Enjoy this time of your life; they will be some of the best days of your life.

  4. Get a college education.

  5. Begin saving for retirement now.

  6. Don't be in a rush to grow up. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

  7. Appreciate your parents; someday you will need them.

  8. Everything changes.

  9. Don't be afraid of saying, "No."

  10. You can do anything if you just set your mind to it.

  11. Save your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves.

  12. Enjoy home-cooked meals as they will be scarce in college.

  13. Learn to eat healthy and exercise now. Middle age spread is a reality.


2 chatted about this topic:

I am Harriet May 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Hi Kim.
Great post.
Sure wish somebody would have told me that stuff.

Anonymous,  May 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Those are great tips! I wish I had been told half of them when I graduated!

poppingbubbles.net

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP