We Got Our Sleep Number Bed!!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday Okay, maybe it appears to be more of a brag than a tackle -but, I promise, there was work involved!

Brian has serious back trouble. Seems we're always shelling out money to the Chiropractor (thank you stupid, worthless insurance!). If that wasn't enough, he also suffers from sleep apnea that has recently gotten worse. Being up with the baby at night, I have often been near panic as I noticed he would go as long as 50 seconds without breathing! (Yes, I counted not guesstimate!)

So after much research into back trouble and sleep apnea, one thing kept popping up over and over: Sleep Number Beds.

I'll admit, I'm a cheapskate; a horrible cheap cheapskate. And I wasn't keen on the idea of paying so much for a bed. But...it wasn't about me and I wanted to do it for him. (At least until I have a chance to up the life insurance!)

So we broke down and purchased one and it was delivered yesterday. And, of course, I insisted that it be put together yesterday too! (Who cares if he worked 9.5 hours?! I don't want him to stop breathing in the middle of the night or keep whining about his back! HA!)

So being the mean, demanding wife that I am, I cracked the whip and here's the results (sans the sheets and comforter):


Tackle It Tuesday: Before

Tackle It Tuesday: After
The bed arrived in 4 separate UPS boxes. We had been forewarned that it would be like putting together a Lego set; which turned out to be exactly what it was like.

Putting together the pieces, attaching the air pumps, inflating the mattress, adding the top cover - 2.5 hours total assembly time. And that time includes taking time to entertain a baby, quick assistance to the older children as needed, and one 10 minute break for cleaning up projectile baby vomit from where one of her brothers tossed and shook her a bit much.

All in all, I am very pleased with our new bed! Next time you're looking to buy new mattresses, be sure to visit http://www.sleepnumber.com/ - the Reps are awesome in answering any questions you may have!


7 chatted about this topic:

Susie May 12, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

What an awesome tackle! My mother suffers from sleep apnea also and she is on that weird mask and breathing thing. A bed would have been much easier:-)

Aisling May 12, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

I have sleep apnoea, and with my test numbers there was NO ALTERNATIVE but to get the mask thing. I have regular posts about it on my blog.

annies home May 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

that is great I would love to have one as well

Jo-Ann May 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Visiting from Tuesday Toot.

Have been interested in those beds. So what sleep number are you?

Angela @ Nine More Months May 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

I want to get one of those so badly. My husband snores SO BAD, and I can never get to sleep because of it!

Dominique Goh May 13, 2009 at 5:04 AM  

That's a great tackle. Didn't know that there are beds to handle sleep apnea. Definitely will check it out.

SleepNumberGirl May 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Hi! I'm Kristin, I work for Select Comfort in the customer service department. I am so excited to hear about your new Sleep Number bed! I hope you love your as much as I love mine, it definitely looks great in your bedroom. If you ever have any questions or comments, please do feel free to call us in Customer Service, we are here to answer your questions! The number to call is 1-888-411-2270. One thing I do want to point out is that the Sleep Number bed does not cure sleep apnea, but it does allow for a more restorative and better night's sleep becuase it reduces pressure points. We also invite you to share your story and experiences with others. If this sounds of interest, please visit www.ilovesleepnumber.com to post a review.

Sleep Well,

Kristin Prahl
Select Comfort
I'm a 45!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP