Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I've admitted my recent cravings for anything sweet; especially chocolate.
And while I'm doing my best to refrain from overindulging, I'm still seeking out tasty treat recipes that do offer some benefit, such as these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars; since peanut butter offers tons of protein.
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 (12-ounce) package dark chocolate morsels, divided
- Stir together peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar until combined. Add baking mix and 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, stirring just until moistened. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cut into triangles, bars, or squares.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes - Bake Time: 25 Minutes - Yields: 24 Bars