Country Steak with Gravy Recipe (Weight Watchers)

Friday, May 8, 2009

As I've said a thousand times before (I'm a broken record), my family (well, the children only begrudingly) decided to eat healthier in 2009.

And since my husband orders country fried steak EVERY-SINGLE-TIME we go to Cracker Barrel, I was thrilled when I found this (much healthier) weight watchers recipe in In Good Time: 123 Slow Cooker Recipes to Come Home To.

After all there's nothing I love more than my slow cooker and good recipes!



COUNTRY STEAK WITH GRAVY (4 POINTS)


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless top round steak (1/2 inch thick)

  • 1 (12 ounce) jar fat-free savory beef gravy

  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

  • Cooking spray


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Trim fat from steak; cut steak into 6 equal pieces.

  2. Combine gravy and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.

  3. Layer gravyt mixture and steak in a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray, beginning and ending with gravy mixture.

  4. Cover with lid; cook on high heat-setting for 1 hour.

  5. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 6 to 7 hours or until steak is tender.


Yields 6 Servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak, 1/3 cup gravy)






This Recipe Listed At:

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP