Cirque du Soleil: Saltimbanco (Review)

Saturday, April 11, 2009

When I began seeing the commercials for Cirque du Soleil's performance in Nashville, I knew that we had to go.

And it's a trip I'm glad we took!

The Nashville performances were conducted at the Sommet Center on Broadway in downtown.

We arrived with just 30 minutes to spare before the show's starting time; which began at 3:30 p.m. exactly.

I had been somewhat hesitant about seeing a show whose entire dialogue was in French. Yet I found that you quickly forget about not being able to understand what the performers are saying as they gracefully exaggerate each movement making translation unnecessary.

Once the show begins, the audience is entranced with amazing feats of strength by a wide variety of performers. And as the show transitions from one breath-taking act to another, audience members are randomly chosen to participate in sound-enhanced comedy skits that are just as awesome as the acrobatics!

Along with my husband and me, we took our four year old and thirteen year old sons. While the 13 year old enjoyed the show, the four year became restless during much of the show since he's not quite to the age where he can appreciate the performances.

If you plan on attending one of Cirque du Soleil's performances, and can afford it, I recommend getting seats that are as centered to the stage as possible. We had seats that were to the right side of the stage; and while we still able to see clearly and enjoy the show, I'm sure the view was much more enhanced for those with center seats.

If there is a Cirque du Soleil event near you, I highly recommend attending. Not only is it a fun and exciting show, but you get a little culture at the same time!

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP