Wordful Wednesday: Uh Oh

Wednesday, March 25, 2009


Yesterday was not a good day!

Since my daughter was born in January, I've kept her in (with the exception of pediatrician appointments) due to it being cold and flu season.

But yesterday it was sunny and a high of 75 degrees and cold and flu season has pretty much run it's course, so we decided to venture out.

We started our day by taking my 4 year old to preschool. The baby seemed pretty amazed at all the little people running around!

Then later, just before we had to pick her brother up, she and I headed out to Walmart to grab a few items we needed. And that is where the misery began....

Baby girl doesn't seem to like Walmart. She screamed the entire 30 minutes or so that we were there! No matter what I did: talking, bouncing, walking fast. Nothing worked! So I grabbed things as quickly as I could and got the heck outta there!

Overstimulation or what, I have no idea. But even when we got in the car, she didn't let up. I sang. I talked. I reached back (so dangerous, I know!) and (gently - I swear!)) shook the carrier. I turned the radio to several different genre stations. Again...nothing!

Even when we went into preschool, the little people had no effect this time.

Needless to say, after loading up both kids, I was ready to get home.

For some idiotic reason, I decided to take the time to back into the driveway. I have no clue why. After all, I've got a jabbering preschool and a screaming baby. Wouldn't the most logical thing been to whip in as quickly as possible and get out? Sure, but yesterday was destined to be a bad day; and on bad days, you do stupid, unexplainable things.

So as I back into the drive, I remember the trailer my husband used while roofing our house is back there. Even though I remember it, I assume (and you know what they say about ASS-U-ME-ing...lol) I'm not even close to it.

Wrong!

Next there I know, I hear a "screeeeech" and feel a rocking.

And, well, you can see the result.

Wish me luck that today is a better day!

7 chatted about this topic:

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Ouch! That must have really hurt and I don't mean physically.

tara March 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

awwwww! I hope you're having a better day today!

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Oh NO! Gotta hate when that happens. Glad everyone was okay. Happy WW to you! :)

Aunt Julie March 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Oh, gosh...hope everything turns out OK!

Simply AnonyMom March 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

OUCH. Hope noone was hurt. I have backed into our tree many times and hubby gets upset, but he takes the driveway and does not leave me enough room to get through so hitting the tree is inevitable.

Hopefully today was better?

Anonymous,  March 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Oh my! I hope you had a better day! :)

Brittany March 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

I've had that same Wal-Mart trip before!! And backed in and took the side mirror off with the garage! Hope today is way better! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP