Share 'Em If You Got 'Em: Halloween Party Ideas for Kindergarteners

Friday, October 8, 2010

T.G.I.F.! Whew, I'm glad this week is almost over!

Not only am I ready for the weekend but I'm also ready to join Kailani of An Island Life for Aloha Friday.  Each week participants are asked a question and, in turn, ask questions on their own blogs.

And do I have a good question this week - one that I could really use some help on.

Big Brother is in Kindergarteners and I'm in charge of planning this year's Halloween Party.

While I'm great at choosing Halloween costumes (yes, we are one of those - the buyers!), preparing a menu, creating awesome little gift bags, I am not having such good luck on deciding on games for these little folks.

Most are reading yet, so forget anything that requires recognizing words.  This age has the attention span of gnats, so I don't want to do anything that requires much patience.   Based on simple safety precautions, things like bobbing for apples and games with sticks or other potential weapon type objects are also out.  And, since I like to plan TRULY ORIGINAL parties, things like Pin the Tail on the Black Cat is out.

Now that you know my dislikes, no-nos, and purely objectables, and you're not just shaking your head thinking, "Lady, there ain't nobody that can help you," I'd like to ask:

Do You Have Any Unique and Fun Halloween
Game Ideas for 5 and 6 year old Kindergarteners?


Think it goes without saying that I have no answer to this.  But if you've got something, I'm really anxious to hear it!  And THANKS SO MUCH in advance
Kimmie

6 chatted about this topic:

East Coast Wahine October 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

How about decorating pumpkins? Or making their own caramel apples!

~ Noelle October 8, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

i like the decorating pumpkins..
i just remember when i was younger we had to stick our hands in nasty pots of stuff and then they told us what it was...
like they said eye balls... and we had to guess what made the eyeballs (peeled grapes) but i think that they might be too young for that...
lol

Anonymous,  October 8, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Making a connecting skeleton from craft paper is fun.

Go Mommy October 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

We decorated pumpkins in Sunday school with the Sharpie Paint Pens and it was so easy and so NOT messy! My 3 year old was clean afer!

Twincerely,Olga October 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

hmmm... I really don't yet!! sorry !Aloha

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP