Fulfillment by Amazon, Computer Desk Things That Close Up, and Bindis

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I've just wasted the better part of my life searching for something you think would be so obvious, but it's not.

Ever asked yourself whether or not you must be a Pro Merchant with Amazon to use their FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) services?

Okay, so you probably haven't but I did.  And with Amazon being such a got-it-together business, you'd think you could easily find the easy.

Think again.

I'll save you the long drawn out story, but the answer is this (for anyone who Googles the question only to get run around answers):  YES, You MUST be a Pro Merchant to use Fulfillment by Amazon.   You cannot be a hit-or-miss, lazy seller like me - we are stuck with either selling on eBay or doing it ourselves on Amazon.

Sucks, huh?

Speaking of selling...maybe you've been following along with our home renovation project - probably not but, hey, I got the keywords in there that might snag me a couple more sponsors - but we're ditching a lot of stuff.

One of the things we've got to unload is a computer desk that closes up.  You know, a computer armoire.  Sounds just a little to fancy for something coming out of my house, which is why I want to list it as "Computer Armoire Desk That Closes Up."  I figure since I'm selling this thing on a local basis where it's PICK UP ONLY (I'm too lazy to ship something small sold on Amazon, so does this really surprise you?), my fellow hicks will understand what I'm saying - may even be searching those terms.

I just don't see many of us country folks seeking out computer armoires.  Dang, even I didn't look at what it was called.  I just walked in, looked at it and said, "Yep, that's what I'm looking for."    

And speaking of "looking for" leads to "looking at" which could be defined by this big freakin' zit thing that's happened right in the middle of my forehead.  It's looks like a bindi - which I had to Google the phrase "Indian women red dot on forehead named" to learn the proper name.

Hillbilly search phrases...ha!  There's a blog post.  Maybe for next week's Random Thoughts Tuesday - which, by the way, you need to check out at http://www.theunmom.com/.

Kimmie

1 chatted about this topic:

gene grossman November 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

On another post, I read that you don't have to be a pro seller (and pay $39.95 per month) to use Amazon's fulfillment service.

You can access their FBA service if you are an Amazon Advantage (consignment) Partner, which costs only $29.95 per year (only $2.50 per month).

Gene Grossman www.LegalMystery.com

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP