Aging Disgracefully

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Aging DisgracefullyWhy is it that as men age they develop, without any effort, a more distinguished look?  Yet, as women, short of intervention of the magic potions and plastic surgeon sort, just wind up looking haggard?

For a while now, I've been stressing over my "old woman legs."  If you're over the age of 35, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.  And if you deny it, you're lying! :)

Veins, wrinkled kneecaps, sunspots.....ugh!  It's all there. 

And why does gravity go straight for the boobs?  OMG!  There isn't enough underwire in the world to hold up what I'm toting!


Not that I'd want it anyway, since Brian already makes fun of my favorite bra - a super duper over the shoulder boulder holder - by calling it "The Lunchroom Lady Bra."  (Sounds sexy, eh?)

So you take the old woman legs along with the saggy boobies add that along with the middle age spread, the gray hairs, the crows feet at the eyes, and what do you get?  It's not a spring chicken!

No wonder there's so many products out there for women.  We destroy our bodies with pregnancy, go through hours of labor to give life, and sacrifice "me time" for years.  And in the end, what do we get:   a major renovation project we call our body.

SO. NOT. FAIR.

Oh well, rant over.  Yapping about it ain't gonna change it.....I'm off to the health and beauty aisles instead.

Kimmie

2 chatted about this topic:

Barbara Montag September 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

That picture is sooooo funny!
I'm 58 - can fully appreciate the humor.

Kim Cantrell September 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I thought that picture said it all. lol

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP