I Know I Am Mean but What Are You?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and say "Screw It!"  Well, that's where I'm at today.

Somebody on Facebook had the audicity to bring up healthcare again today.  Making the mistake of defending Obamacare.  And, since it's my "off" day, I can't even conjure up a good snarky reply.

And speaking of Facebook, ever noticed how that's like a bad trip back to high school?  For the most part, I enjoy it but some people still have a lot of growing up to do.

On the topic of growing up...my oldest is now 18 and somehow he's convinced that this age is the magical age where suddenly you no longer need parental guidance.


I explained to him that while the law says he may be old enough to smoke cigarettes and join the military, he's not old enough to do as he pleases while living IN MY HOME.   When  I invited him to get his own place where he pays his own bills and could set his own rules, he suddenly realized that parental guidance can come in the form of parental (financial) support.

Which then leads me to thoughts of stupid people who think you're also stupid.  Of course, in their minds, they aren't stupid just think you are.

But they get so peeved when you point out their stupidity to them.  And I love it when they follow up with how you're not Christian like because your judgmental and crap. 

Seriously?  You're backed into a corner BY YOUR OWN STUPIDITY and that's when you decided to come out swinging Jesus?

I'm starting to think I'm a little too mean today.  And that would make me one of those Mean Girl Mom Bloggers that's been making the news lately.  

Somehow there is a misconception that Mom equates to Nice.  Now I'm not sure who raised them, but that word could not always be associated with my mother.   Don't get me wrong, she's a wonderful person but, when I was young, her first job was to make sure I grew up to be a decent human being which meant beating the devil out of me when I did something wrong.

It worked, but I sure didn't see it as Nice.

But in this panty-waisted society we're living in now, you gotta be a June Cleaver.  You can't have a bad day or you're a "Mean Girl."

Ugh, I'm going back into my cave where no one expects me to play  nice.

Kimmie

Got Random Tuesday Thoughts?  Share them at The Unmom!

0 chatted about this topic:

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP