Randomly Thinking Out Loud

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

As I look out the window today, I can see more snow.

Fortunately, it's melting as soon as it hits the ground.

And I'm happy about that.

The five inch snow we had weekend before last was fun. But I'm over it.



Of course, I shouldn't be surprised it's snowing. Eighteen years ago today it was snowing when I gave birth to my oldest son.

He's officially a man today.

It's a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I'm happy that he's now an adult; leaving me scot-free of any responsibility, by law anyway, of any stupid stuff he does.

But as a man he's also responsible for making his own decisions...and that scares the crap out of me.

Fortunately, he's a good kid. And I think I've done a good job.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

And as I send one into adulthood, I'm just getting started with another.

As I sit here and type, my one-year-old is creating havoc all through the house.

I was so anxious for her to walk. Now she is and I long for the days when she wasn't.

Not really but...

Well, time to put away the random thoughts....she's into something else.

I can't see her, but I know she is.

Because it's too quiet.

Kimmie

4 chatted about this topic:

Cajoh February 9, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

Stopping by from the Un Mom…

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your now Official Man!!

But you have to remember that you will always be a Mom.

Thank you for your randomness,

Momstart February 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Watching your kids grow up is just impossible. I'm at the beginning stage and can't think of how hard it is to watch them leave and be ready for the big world

I am Harriet February 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

We are getting snow on top of the 5 inches we got over night. It never ends...


Happy RTT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/are-you-tired-of-all-of-super-bowl.html

The Crazy Coxes February 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Happy Birthday to your 18 year old! I have one of those too! posted the whole Bittersweet thing last week. Whew - those kids get to you!

I'm jealous of everyone who got tons of snow!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP