Disappearing Blogs. Self-Preservation. Ten Snowflake Delays.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yesterday was one of those horrendously long days.

School was still out for Christmas break. Yeah, tidings of comfort and joy - whatever!

A house full of kids, running wild with new toys and gadgets. And the 11-month-old, sitting amid all the chaos, is so spazzed out she's not sure if she's coming or going.

Peace on earth. What a joke.

There's not even peace in my own house.

Then somehow I get the big bright idea that I'm going to do a little redecorating here.

What was going to be a half hour of losing myself online turns into a couple of hours of desperate recovery.

I thought I had backed up my template. I really did.

But I didn't.

Next thing I know, I have a funky looking blog with nothing but posts left.

And, of course, just when I realize my mistake that's when the baby decides it's time to scream out her frustrations while tugging on my pants leg; the five-year-old is asking for a butt inspection (you know, that bit where they're learning to wipe themselves); the 13-year-old is texting like he's spreading the good word minutes before the second coming; and the 17-year-old has tuned it all out with the help of Facebook.

Even Calgon couldn't save me from the conniption I was about to experience.

And this is when the proof that children are (like) animals presented itself.

Suddenly all was quiet.

They knew what was coming, and immediately went into self-preservation mode.

Thank goodness school is back in session tomorrow. And since ten snowflakes actually stuck to the ground today, they're getting a two-hour delay.

I try to see the positive: better to be going 2 hours late than coming home 2 hours early. Right? :)

Kimmie

Find more Random Thoughts Tuesday at The UnMom

4 chatted about this topic:

annies home January 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

dont you just hate that they are finally heading back to school and that fateful date has come where the house may be a bit tamer and then it is stalled by a bit of snow LOL

I am Harriet January 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

I know what you mean by peace in the home.

Have a great Random Tuesday.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/like-i-wanna-read-about-reasons-some.html

Design It Chic January 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

The template looks good! I hate when i forget to save before changing something!
Happy Tuesday and here's my Randomness today!

Anonymous,  January 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

YOU are my kind of lady.

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP